Maki Rolls


These are some delicious smoked salmon and avocado maki rolls that I made when some friends came over. I don't often make maki rolls and they are best served fresh and that is not often easy to do when making everything from scratch.


All I needed to make them was:


1 sushi mat
1 package of seaweed paper
4 cups of cooked sushi (japanese) rice
1 ripe avocado, pitted and sliced
5 slices of smoked salmon

To make each roll, I placed one piece of seaweed paper onto the sushi mat and spread a layer of sushi rice onto it. Remember to leave an inch of the top of the seaweed paper uncovered.

I then placed smoked salmon and slices of avocado in a horizontal line across the middle of the rice.

I rolled the sushi, removed it from the mat, then cut the sushi into 1" rolls.

The salmon and avocado maki rolls were delicious served with soy sauce and wasabi.

Comments