Scalloped Potatoes

Scalloped potatoes are one of my favorite comfort foods. I usually make them to serve alongside steak and shrimp.

When I first made them, I noticed that the potatoes were not tender no matter how long I kept them in the oven. That is why I started to boil the potatoes first. It also cuts down on the baking time.

Ingredients:
6 potatoes (peeled and sliced)
1 small chopped onion
2.5 tbsp. flour
2.5 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
1.5 cups shredded cheese (I used mozzarella and cheddar)
1.5 cups milk

1. Mix the flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder together in a small bowl. Put aside.
2. Boil the sliced potatoes for 3 minutes. Drain and layer half of the potatoes into an ovensafe dish. (9"x12")
3. Sprinkle half of the flour mixture, half of the onion, 1/2 cup of cheese and 1 tbsp. of the butter over the layered potatoes.
4. Layer the remaining potatoes on top, then sprinkle with the rest of the flour mixture, onion, and butter. Pour the milk on top, then lastly sprinkle the cheese on top to cover.

Bake in a 375 F oven for 25-30 minutes. Then broil for a few minutes if you would like the top of the scalloped potatoes to be crispy.

Comments