Pretty Papaya

Papaya is one of my favorite fruits because of the smooth texture, juiciness and great flavor. It is usually available all year round here, however, it is not necessarily delicious every time. It is imported here from different countries that have a more tropical climate than we have here so I try to avoid buying it during the winter months as I noticed they don't ripen as well or taste as flavorful as they do in the summer. Spring has just begun so I figure it would be okay to try one now. The papaya probably made it's way here while it was still winter, but I really couldn't wait. This papaya ended up tasting okay. It was a bit bland, but the texture was good and there was some sweetness to it.

Papayas are also really easy to prepare. You just peel them, cut them in half and scoop the seeds out with a spoon.
Then you slice them into long pieces or into smaller cubes and you're all set. Enjoy!

Comments

Sharkbytes (TM) said…
I am eating some on my yogurt right now!
Mona said…
Papaya is my all time favorite i'm glad my daughter loves it too :)