Barbecued Chicken


Last weekend, we barbecued chicken for lunch and it seemed to take forever before the chicken was cooked thoroughly. I have always known that chicken takes a bit longer to cook than beef or seafood, but it seemed to take even longer on the barbecue. I thought that cooking the chicken in the oven first and then putting it on the barbecue would be a great idea, but we decided to just use the barbecue alone. My mother mentioned that a friend of hers would boil the chicken before putting it on the barbecue and it turned out really well.

This weekend, we decided to try both methods. I marinated my chicken then night before, as usual, then cooked it in the 350 degree oven for 20 minutes before putting it on the barbecue.

For the other batch, I simply boiled the chicken for 12 minutes, then barbecued on low heat. When the chicken was almost fully cooked, I brushed on some Jack Daniel's Barbecue Sauce

Both types of chicken turned out better than they did last weekend. The boiled version was juicier and a bit more tender, but the marinated chicken had the flavor that I most prefer.

Comments

Lovely Light said…
Hi there- found you through Chic n Savvy's hop and am a new follower. I love how you did an experiment! Reminds me of how Ina Garten and her husband had a steak contest. My husband usually cooks the meat, so I can't really contribute...I hope you have time to follow my life in South Africa by http://withoutcomplexities.blogspot.com

Have a great week!
Marlee said…
Mmmm I love bbq chicken! New follower from the Tuesday blog hop :).

http://marleeindebt.blogspot.com/