Thai Green Curry Recipe


Thai curries are available in many different types, such as green, red or yellow. My personal favorite is red curry. However, once I tried green curry cooked with beef, it was a toss up. 

When I make a curry dish, I usually include shrimp, chicken or sometimes both. My mother has made yellow curry using beef before, (simply mixed with onions) but it's not something I have ever make. I usually also include many different vegetables, bamboo and even baby corn if i have some on hand. 

This time, I made green curry with beef and added bamboo (easily found in a can), carrots, cauliflower, zucchini and green bell peppers. and it was delicious!

I love curry dishes because they are easy to make and easy to serve as a one plate meal. 

To make this dish, you need the following ingredients:

1/2 pound of sliced beef
2 cups of cauliflower
1 zucchini sliced into 1/4" wide pieces
1 can of julienned bamboo, rinsed and drained
1 carrot peeled and sliced into 1/4" wide pieces
1 green bell pepper, sliced into 1/4" wide pieces
2 cups of Coconut Milk
1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
3 tbsp. Green Curry Paste
2 tbsp. cooking oil of your choice

Instructions:

Start by stir frying the beef in the cooking oil of your choice. Once the beef is cooked, add the vegetables and bamboo and toss with the green curry paste and soy sauce.

Next, add the coconut milk and stir to mix. Once it all comes to a boil, turn of the heat.

Serve with jasmine rice.

Comments

Jeni said…
Looks yummy! My husband loves curry!
Mariel said…
This looks delicious! I'd love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Saturday through Tuesday) at 'Or so she says ...' Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com
Unknown said…
Super yummo! I love curries also but I haven't made too many coconut curry dishes. Which type of curry paste would you recommend if I wanted to make a coconut curry with tofu?
Unknown said…
I love Thai Food! Funny thing is I have not cooked it very much! I think this recipe would be great!

Forgive me for being so late in thanking you for linking up to the In and Out of the Kitchen party! I just got back from vacation and am trying to play catch up!

See you next week at the In and Out of the Kitchen party!

Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

By the way, I am now following your blog!
Marie said…
For You With Love: I probably would go with Yellow or Red curry if you are going to use tofu. I've never tried it before, but I think either would work. Green might be a bit strong for tofu in my opinion. Whichever you try, I'd love to hear how it turns out! Thanks for stopping by.