Fried Calamari


Fried Calamari is one of my favorite appetizers. It is pretty filling so I sometimes just have it as a snack in the afternoon. It's easy to make and the kids love it!

Simply cut some squid into rings or strips and dip them into eggs and then a flour mixture.
Have a separate bowl with 1 beaten egg in it and another bowl with a flour mixture in it. (1 cup flour, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. pepper, 1 tsp. cayenne pepper, 1 tsp. cajun spice)

After coating the squid in the egg and then the flour mixture, deep fry it until golden and place on a plate lined with a paper towel. Let it cool for a bit and enjoy with your favorite dip! (I sometimes use salsa, garlic mayonnaise or ranch dressing)

Comments

Self Sagacity said…
Sounds like a smart way to keep the flour on the calamari. I haven't tried dipping in eggs first. I can't wait to try now with your recipe.
Meghan said…
I'll have to try this sometime - I love calamari but I've never made it at home. Also, I love your blog so - I nominated you for a Liebster Award! If you would like more information here is the link:

http://www.makesomethingdaily.com/2013/04/liebster-award.html
my Mother used to make fried calamari a lot when I was young.
Thank you for sharing at the hop, your participation makes the hop extra special. Big Hugs P.S. the new giveaway will be posted tomorrow!
Erin said…
YES PLEASE!!! Calamari is one of my favorites too and I don't eat it nearly enough. This looks wonderful!