Heart Shaped Basil



It's time to start planting all sorts of things in the garden already, but the weather has been a roller coaster so far this spring. It has warmed up and then dropped down to freezing temperatures again.....back and forth a few times already. There has been sunshine, rain and snow in the past couple of weeks! Something very different from the past few years.

So far, I have only my garlic outside which was planted last fall. I like to grow herbs, tomatoes and usually peas as well, but am afraid to get started just yet. It was warm today, but we are supposed to have freezing temperatures again this weekend, so I will wait.

For now, I have posted a picture of the heart shaped basil that I found in the basil bunches last summer. I also found a heart shaped potato last year!

I wonder what I will find this summer. Have you found any interesting shapes in your garden?

Comments