Kale Chips Recipe


Kale chips have become one of my favorite snacks. They kind of remind me of seaweed, because they are crispy to start and then fall apart when you eat them. My kids love them as well which is a huge bonus!

They are also quite easy to make as well. I keep it simple and only add olive oil and a bit of salt. A friend of mine goes all out and uses sour cream and other ingredients as well.

To make kale chips, thoroughly was the kale and dry it in a salad spinner. I make sure it's really dry so that the kale crisps up nicely.

Next, toss it in olive oil and sprinkle salt on it. Lay them in a single layer on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.

Bake at 300 F for about 20 minutes or until crisp.

I usually like to check on it every 5 minutes after the 10 minute mark, because the baking time tends to vary depending on the thickness of the kale. Some kale I have bought are bigger and have thicker leaves than others so they take longer.

Enjoy!

Comments